Deposit Insurance and Policy Owners' Protection Schemes Act 2011
Deposit Insurance Scheme
- The Deposit Insurance Scheme was established under the Deposit Insurance Act which came into force on 18 October 2005.
- The Scheme aims to provide limited compensation to selected eligible deposits placed with full banks and finance companies in Singapore.
- Sing Investments and Finance Limited is a member of the Scheme.
- The deposit accounts which qualify for deposit insurance coverage under the Scheme are listed in the Insured Deposit Register below.
Insured Deposit Register
The following are deposit accounts which are eligible for deposit insurance coverage under the Deposit Insurance and Policy Owners’ Protection Schemes Act 2011. Insured deposit (as defined in the Deposit Insurance and Policy Owners’ Protection Schemes Act 2011) is protected under the Deposit Insurance Scheme up to the limits prescribed in the Act.
- S$ Savings Deposit Account
- S$ Fixed/Call Deposit Account
- S$ Project Account
- S$ Conveyancing Account
- S$ Current Account
Deposit Insurance Scheme Frequently Asked Questions.